Summer is winding down so it is time for our end of year celebration! Bring your sketchbooks to an open house September 17th from 10am-3pm. We can share sketches and stories of the summer, have a snack, visit with Cricket, the goats and chickens. You are invited to walk the forest path and enter to win some Monahan Studio goodies like an art class, painting party, greeting cards, custom illustration, calendar, sketchbook, art camp, or a stationery subscription! Of course my original art and any of the above options will be available for sale. I hope to see you there and can't wait to see what you created this summer!
How to get here:
19920 174th Ave NE Woodinville, WA 98072
Once you park in the gravel area, follow the signs around to the back, past the goats and chickens, toward the woods and creek. The studio is just beyond the third Monahan Studio sign and falling autumn foliage.
Not Sure What to Draw Today?
Explore outside for cool objects
Try these 40 summer prompts.
Best Snack Ever
Ice Cream Cone
Tower of Books
A Quiet Moment
Octopus Holding Something
Fun in the Sun
10 Great Tips To Grow With Art
1. Be kind and patient with yourself!
2. Practice, Practice, Practice! Then Practice more:)
3. Get out of your comfort zone every once in a while.
4. You will make mistakes. The trick is how to move forward. Adapt or adjust? Your mistake might be golden!
5. Explore & experiment with materials and techniques, push the limits.
6. Observe and analyze the world around you all the time. What is the lighting? What textures do you see? How does gravity affect how a leaf or dog's ear lay?
7. Draw what you are passionate about, it will make your work shine.
8. Build on the familiar and keep an open mind to try new ways.
9. Stop negative chatter in your mind~“can’t” is not in your vocabulary! It’s good to be honest with yourself, but put a positive spin on it for motivation
10. Proudly share your art with others, the world needs to see your art!